Applications are invited for Research Student/Project Associate-I under UGC-DAE sponsored Project, Dept. of Physics – 22 June 2022
Applications are invited for the post of ONE RESEARCH STUDENT/PROJECT ASSOCIATE-I in the Department of Physics, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Belur Math, India, under CRS project entitled “Unconventional magnetism on honeycomb layered oxides A 3 A’ 2 BO 6 (A = Li, Na; A’ 2 = Co, Ni; B = Sb, Te).” sanctioned by UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Mumbai, India. Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council with a grade of A++.
- For Research Student: M.Sc. (not earlier than 5 years) with a minimum of 55% marks in Physics, Or
- For Project Associate-I: M.Sc. (not earlier than 5 years) with a minimum of 55% marks in Physics with valid GATE/NET-JRF
Duration of the Project: 3 years
How to Apply
Note: Applicants have to apply through RKMVERI Admission Portal and select “PhD in Physics” programme to apply. In the last step of application form please specify application for: “Research Associate under UGC-DAE Project”
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- (While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt and Application-summary will be available for download in the Admission portal Dashboard.
Last Date to apply: 01 July 2022
- For Research Student: Rs 14,000/- pm + HRA or
- For Project Associate-I: Rs 31,000/- pm + HRA
Terms and Conditions
- No TA/DA is permissible for appearing in the interview. The above position is purely temporary, and the continuation of the fellowship is subjected to satisfactory performance and review after every 12 months and availability of fund under project.
- The appointment shall be co-terminus with the project and will be governed as per the Terms and Conditions of funding agency UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Mumbai, India and Rules, Regulations and Norms of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute. The Research Student/Project Associate-I should do work full time in the project and get the fellowship from one source only.
- The Research Student/Project Associate-I appointed under this project will have to spend a some amount of time at UGC-DAE CSR, Mumbai for carrying out the research work. The selected candidate will have to be registered for a Ph.D. in RKMVERI (Deemed University) in their respective disciplines in a reasonable period of time after joining the project.
- The decision of the selection committee is final. Canvassing in any form leads to rejection of the candidature.
Queries may be sent to email-id: