Admissions for PhD programme in Physics for academic year 2024
Department of Physics, RKMVERI, Belur Main Campus is inviting applications for admission to PhD programme in Physics.
- Admission notice updated on 24 Jan 2024.
- Applications are continuously accepted. They will be reviewed as per the convenience of the faculty-members.
Areas of Research:
- Theoretical High Energy Physics: Aspects of Quantum Gravity, Conformal Field Theory, Study of Physics of the Standard Model and beyond, Collider Physics.
- Quantum computation and information
- The applicant should have a good academic record throughout, with at least 60% marks in both B.Sc. (Physics Major/Hons.) and M.Sc. (Physics) examinations from any recognized University or Institute of the country. SC/ST candidates will enjoy a 5% concession in the minimum eligibility of marks.
Age limit: Below 28 years on the date of application.
- The applicant must have either qualified in CSIR-UGC NET(JRF) /GATE /JEST /equivalent national level examination with Research Fellowship allowing entry into PhD or must have the DST-INSPIRE fellowship.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
Number of vacancies:
- Theoretical High Energy Physics: 2
- Quantum computation and information: 1
Applicants with PhD fellowships under CSIR-UGC NET (JRF)/DST-INSPIRE or other Governmental Schemes will be selected on the basis of a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the Department online.
Note: Only full-time scholars will be admitted for the PhD programme. No application for part-time PhD will therefore be entertained
Last Date to apply: Applications are continuously accepted. They will be reviewed as per the convenience of the faculties.
Fees structure is given on the page: PhD Fee Structure
For the applicants who are selected for admission; admission-procedure is given on this page: Admission Instructions
Note: The applicant needs to complete the admission within 10 days from the date the applicant is informed about “his/her selection” and the admission procedure.
All queries may be sent to our email-id: