Applications are invited for admission to the MSc Programme in Physics offered at the Belur Main Campus for academic year 2023-24 from the candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Hostel Facilities
- General Instructions
- Students who will be completing B.Sc. with Honours/Major in Physics or B.Tech. in Engineering Physics during the current academic year or who have completed such courses during the previous year.
- Students who passed before 2022 are not eligible.
- Students who secured at least 60% marks in the honours or major subject (taking into consideration the marks obtained in the examinations conducted so far) from any University/ College approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) are eligible to apply.
- SC/ST candidates will enjoy a 5% concession in the minimum eligibility of marks.
- New applicants have to first register (https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission/register) on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when the dates for Admission Test / Interview are announced. Check the Website / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
Last date to Apply and pay application fee : extended till 18 June 2023
The admission process will consist of entrance test and interview.
Mode of Entrance test : Offline
Date of Entrance test : 25 June 2023, 2 PM
Venue of Entrance test :
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
- Students from outside West Bengal desiring to appear for the written admission test in venues near their places of residence may send a separate request by email to: . Arrangements will be made as far practicable to conduct their exams in the Centres of Ramakrishna Mission nearest to their place.
- All queries regarding the admission process may be emailed to .
Syllabus for the Admission Test
Electrostatics, Electromagnetism, Thermodynamics, Classical Mechanics, Special Theory of Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Mathematical Physics, Solid State Physics, Electronics etc.
Note: There will be negative marking in the admission test.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for online interview. Date and time of interview will be announced later.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
Scholarship list, eligibility and details are given below. Almost all students get Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (given in the list) if other scholarships are not available.
Please, do not worry about financial support.
There will be no scholarship for admission fees or the hostel charges at the time of admission. Candidates have to pay the admission fee and hostel charges (if opted for the hostel) at the time of admission. On the basis of the student’s academic performance and economic background scholarship may be provided in the subsequent semesters. There are State and National scholarships. The Institute will try to ensure that most of the students having economic difficulty get some scholarship.
|Click here to know more
|National Scholarship portal
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
|Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child For PG Programs
|State Government Scholarships
|State – CS Post Matric Scholarship to SC/ST/OBC, Govt. of West Bengal
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means (SVMCM) Minority Affairs
|Kanyashree (K3) Prakalpa
|For Student Credit Card
|Other Scholarships (Private)
|Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme
|Priyamvada Birla Scholarship
|Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship
Student credit cards and loans are also available:
- Regarding Student credit card ( From State Govt.) please click on the link – https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/. Students have to apply by ownself and the Institution has verified the same.
- Regarding Student loans from banks, students can directly contact the bank.They will guide the process as different banks have different procedures and requirements of paper. We will process the requirements of the bank as per our Institution procedure.
A limited number of hostel facilities are available to students who are serious and willing to abide by hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure shall be followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office).
The fee structure is as given in : RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
All queries may be sent to our email-id:
- Attendance in all classes, both practical and theoretical, is compulsory. While we expect you to have 100% attendance, in the case of illness or any other unavoidable circumstances, you must inform the Head of the Department Dr. Abhijit Bandyopadhyay and obtain permission. For hostelers, minimum attendance of 85% is compulsory, while for day scholars, a minimum of 75% attendance is compulsory.
- Apart from regular classes every day, assignments and problem sheets will be a regular feature. You will have to complete these assignments in time and submit them to the teachers concerned.
- If you are absent for classes during the first three days of start of classes without permission, then your admission will be cancelled.
- Classes on value education based on Swami Vivekananda’s teaching (one hour in a week) will be compulsory for all students in order to inspire them with higher ideals and acquirement of human values including concern for the marginalized and the downtrodden as well as feeling for our country’s rejuvenation and uplift.
- Regular periodical unit tests and examinations will keep you intensely busy. Remember that large portions of the syllabus need to be completed within a short time. Form the habit of regular self-study several hours in a day.
- Remember that you are entering the portals of a University and into a postgraduate course. There will be no one to spoon-feed you. You should form the habit of studying books on your own and bring to the notice of the teachers the problems you might face.
- We would expect you to come decently dressed that would display your seriousness of intent. Casual dress that one uses for non-serious purposes is not allowed. We do expect you to honour the above instruction on the dress code and attend the classes only in a serious dress.
- Misuse of laptop computers and mobile phones hampers the seriousness of study. So beware of this ubiquitous danger.
- Smoking inside the campus and in the hostel is strictly forbidden by law. Please do not compel us to enforce punitive measures for violation in this regard.
- You shall have to sign an undertaking to state that you shall rigorously follow all the rules and regulations in letter and spirit. This undertaking shall be countersigned by your parent/guardian.