List of applicants selected for admission based on CUET score & Admission Instructions : Click here
Students who will be completing B.Sc. with Honours/Major in Physics or B.Tech. in Engineering Physics during the current academic year or who have completed such courses during the previous year, with at least 60% marks in the Honours/Major Subject (taking into consideration the marks obtained in the examinations conducted so far), from any university approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) are eligible to apply. SC/ST candidates will enjoy a 5% concession in the minimum eligibility of marks.
Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
Scholarships are available to poor and meritorious students, who are economically backward and who find it difficult to pay the fees mentioned herein, on production of documentary proof of their economic condition. Such students, if selected for admission, may approach RKMVERI authorities to avail of scholarship benefits.
A limited number of hostel facilities are available to students who are serious and willing to abide by hostel discipline. A rather rigorous procedure shall be followed for selection of students with the involvement of the parents in the process for better coordination. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office).
The fee structure is as given in : RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
All queries may be sent to our email-id:
Some General Instructions to the prospective student
- Attendance in all classes, both practical and theoretical, is compulsory. While we expect you to have 100% attendance, in the case of illness or any other unavoidable circumstances, you must inform the Head of the Department Dr. Abhijit Bandyopadhyay and obtain permission. For hostelers, minimum attendance of 85% is compulsory, while for day scholars, a minimum of 75% attendance is compulsory.
- Apart from regular classes every day, assignments and problem sheets will be a regular feature. You will have to complete these assignments in time and submit them to the teachers concerned.
- If you are absent for classes during the first three days of start of classes without permission, then your admission will be cancelled.
- Classes on value education based on Swami Vivekananda’s teaching (one hour in a week) will be compulsory for all students in order to inspire them with higher ideals and acquirement of human values including concern for the marginalized and the downtrodden as well as feeling for our country’s rejuvenation and uplift.
- Regular periodical unit tests and examinations will keep you intensely busy. Remember that large portions of the syllabus need to be completed within a short time. Form the habit of regular self-study several hours in a day.
- Remember that you are entering the portals of a University and into a postgraduate course. There will be no one to spoon-feed you. You should form the habit of studying books on your own and bring to the notice of the teachers the problems you might face.
- We would expect you to come decently dressed that would display your seriousness of intent. Casual dress that one uses for non-serious purposes is not allowed. We do expect you to honour the above instruction on the dress code and attend the classes only in a serious dress.
- Misuse of laptop computers and mobile phones hampers the seriousness of study. So beware of this ubiquitous danger.
- Smoking inside the campus and in the hostel is strictly forbidden by law. Please do not compel us to enforce punitive measures for violation in this regard.
- You shall have to sign an undertaking to state that you shall rigorously follow all the rules and regulations in letter and spirit. This undertaking shall be countersigned by your parent/guardian.